Countries and non-contiguous US states I have visited.


  1. Bicycling tour of the South Island in New Zealand. (Where I completed my first 100K day ride)
  2. Bicycling tour of Bernese Oberland, Switzerland. (Great scenery - took the cog railway up to the Jungfraujoch at 3475 meters - hiked a mile up the glacier - had lunch at a small hiker shack)
  3. Bicycling tour of the Ring of Kerry, Ireland. (Wore the rain suit a lot)
  4. Bicycling tour from Venice to Lake Garda, Italy. (Great wine country - have to go back to Venice)
  5. Bicycling tour of Lofoten Islands in Arctic Norway. (Long summer days allowed me to complete my first 100 mile day ride.)
  6. Hiking in Patagonia, Chile and Argentina. (Lots of volcanoes, extinct and otherwise)
  7. Hiking in Alaska. (Saw Whales, Orcas, Seals, Goats, Grizzly Bear, Puffin, Bald Eagles in Glacier Bay)
  8. Bicycling tour around the Big Island of Hawaii. (Hiking the Caldera of Kilauea was unforgettable)

No comments: